Choosing the right type of property is the most challenging decision you’ll ever make as a homeowner. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or looking to add one more to your investment portfolio, deciding between a Builder Floor and High-Rise Apartment can seem daunting. In this blog, we’ll explore each property in detail, their pros and cons, and discuss the key factors to buy. Let’s dive in.
Builder’s Floor Vs High-Rise Apartments
While high-rise apartments offer great amenities, builder’s floors provide certain distinguishing features that are missing in the former.
They are low-rise residential buildings with few floors, typically 4 or less. On each floor, a single dwelling unit is provided per buyer, offering more privacy. If you’re a budget-conscious buyer looking for more space and independence as that of bungalows or independent villas, choose a builder’s floor. It’s a lucrative option.
- Comes in different sizes and configurations, ranging from 1 to 3 BHK or more
- Has separate electricity and water connection, ensuring a conflict-free living
- Less congestion and noise compared to high-rise apartments
- Provides more living space, hence ideal for big families
- No maintenance fee and other hidden charges
- Offers greater customization options
- Maintenance issues may arise due to a lack of professional maintenance services
- Fewer amenities, such as parking, gym, community halls, children’s park, and swimming pool
High Rise Apartments
These residential buildings have several floors with multiple 2, 3, or 4 BHK units on the same floor. With more families sharing a floor, high-rise apartments are the popular choice for those seeking a modern and upscale lifestyle in urban areas.
- Great views of the surrounding areas
- Access to various amenities and facilities
- Enhanced security measures with CCTV and security personnel
- Lower maintenance requirements as they are handled by professionals
- Increased risk of fire or other disasters due to the high elevation and dense population
- Congestion and noise due to a large number of residents and the building’s location
- Limited independence and privacy due to shared common spaces
- Long waiting times for elevators during peak hours
Factors to Consider When Choosing Between Builder’s Floor and High-Rise Apartment
Budget: The cost of a builder floor is higher than high-rise apartments as they cater to high-end customers who prefer privacy and better amenities.
Lifestyle and Needs: A builder’s floor offers more independence and space, whereas high-rise apartments provide luxurious amenities, facilities, and more inclusive social life.
Location and Accessibility: While high-rise buildings are usually located in prime urban areas, builder’s floors are located in residential areas.
Resale Value and Rental Income Potential: According to 99acres, India’s top property portal, a builder’s floor has high resale value and fetches high rental income comparatively.
Choosing between high-rise apartments and flats in Chennai depends on your needs and preferences. If you seek privacy and independence, a builder’s floor is an excellent choice. However, if you’re looking for luxurious amenities in a prime location with long-term investment potential, a high-rise apartment is the best bet. So, evaluate all the factors and prioritize your needs before making THE decision. Happy house hunting!!